Electrical Testing and Tagging
Electricity Can Kill
The process is simple and we come to you.
Specialised electrical appliance testing equipment will conduct the following tests:
- Earth continuity – tests that your appliance is properly connected to Earth.
- Insulation resistance – tests that no current is flowing where it shouldn’t be.
- Leakage test – with the appliance powered on, tests that there is no current flowing where it shouldn’t be.
- Polarity test – Checks that extension cords and power boards are wired correctly.
- RCD Trip time test – Tests that an RCD (‘Safety Switch’) will switch off fast enough to prevent injury in the case of a fault developing.
- RCD current ramp test – tests that your RCD is sensitive enough to the tiny currents.
- Power testing – checks how much power appliances require – Using too much power on an electrical circuit is dangerous.
- Electrical supply testing – checks that the power point to which equipment is connected is wired correctly.