The world today is one that waits for no one! Everything is expected fast, and fast is what you must become to keep up.
The speed of a business’ network is in direct correlation to the productivity and efficiency of the workload completed.
Time is money and when most companies base their foundations on internet services – network is also money! All businesses should be looking at increasing network speed.
What can slow networks do to your business?
- Increase coffee breaks while employees wait for their computers to load
- Reduce the number of users that can be active at one time
- Minimise your availability of WIFI network throughout your work place
- Increase down time between users switching and opening programs – it all adds up!
What can be causing my slow network?
- Old cabling that is out of date for the software you would like to run
- Incorrect patch leads on your fibre links (yes it can be that simple to fix)
- Faults on your data cabling
- Network hardware
- Worn or damaged data patch leads squashed into your data cabinet
How can Elam help with increasing network speed?
Elam Cablers have been there and done that. If you want a fast and simple solution, give us a call to do a quick audit of your work space.
We may suggest;
- An upgrade of your data cabling
- A new fibre optic link between your data cabinets
- A test and inspection of your fibre terminations
- A data cabinet upgrade to allow space for new network equipment
- Or it could just be that your last installer put an OM1 instead of an OM3 fibre optic patch lead and all you need to do is buy a new $40 lead!
Overall it is worth investigating if your network is sucking money out of your pocket! There may be a very simple and cheap may to increase your network speed.