Fibre Optic OTDR Testing
Fibre optic OTDR testing requires advanced interpretation of attenuation traces. Elam have had experience with analyzing these graphs for over 10 years. During this time, the testing machines have become extremely clever and automated.
Many technicians hired for fibre optic OTDR testing do not have the knowledge or experience to know what is behind the advanced options of these new testing machines. It is important to understand how testing budgets are calculated and why graphs look the way they do. The only way to see a problem arise is to know what “normal” looks like.
If you want technicians that analyse their own traces and question every “pass” the machine gives them to ensure it is correct, give Elam a call for your fibre optic OTDR testing.
OTDRs we use:
Fluke Optifiber Pro OTDR
- Test times as short as two seconds
- Quickly OTDR test fibre optic cables with pre-programmed settings
- Troubleshoot fibre optic links with short patch leads and many connectors because of really short dead zones
- Easily characterize all connectors, splices and areas of high loss with graphical EventMap™ view
- Pass/Fail certification of fibre optic connector end-faces
- ProjX management system increases return on investment by enabling OTDR
- Reduce network downtime by quickly and precisely identifying faults on all fibre types
- Built-in Visual Fault Locator easily identifies damaged fibres
Fibre Endface Inspection and Pass / Fail
OptiFiber Pro incorporates the FiberInspector Pro video inspection system which enables you to quickly inspect and certify fibre end-faces inside ports or patch leads.
It’s 1-second automated PASS/FAIL grading eliminating human subjectivity. Results can be saved in the certification report along side OptiFiber Pro’s fibre optic OTDR test results.
Noyes Fibre Optic OTDR Testing
Elam maintains 2 x Noyes hand held testers for fast fibre optic OTDR testing, fault location and Splice testing
- Hand-held, lightweight – 0.9 kg (2 lb) for use in tight spots
- 22 dB (MM), 26 dB (SM) dynamic range
- Integrated VFL (650 nm)
- 8+ hours battery life
- Touch and test , menu driven
- TRM™ reporting software
- Automatic Pass/Fail analysis (TIA/ISO)
- Internal and USB storage (1000s of tests)