The New South Wales (NSW) government’s objectives include leveraging technology and infrastructure to enable and enhance educational outcomes. To further this end, the government has introduced a new range of ICT contracts, and one of those that have been making big waves is SCM0020.
Elam is proud to be an approved NSW government and public school cabling supplier under this scheme.
The NSW government introduced the SCM0020 contract to help support improvements in communications and the use of applications in the classroom.
Under the SCM0020 contract, schools can choose solutions that match their needs. It caters to the diverse needs of NSW government schools. It doesn’t matter if you’re implementing a new learning management system, upgrading existing software, or integrating technology into the classroom.
Schools can choose suppliers, like Elam, based on their unique needs with the SCM0020 contract because it offers prequalified suppliers like Elam. In this way, the technology aligns with the school’s educational goals.
Driving Digital Literacy
Modern education is all about digital literacy, and the SCM0020 scheme helps schools achieve that by ensuring that government agencies can find and procure the right goods and services that meet the needs of the schools quickly and easily, helping to support an ease of doing business with the government.
Key features of the scheme are:
- A straightforward online application for suppliers simplifies the tender process.
- An “always open” policy, so new suppliers can register for inclusion in the Scheme at any time, giving agencies continual access to new suppliers and emerging technologies.
- Ongoing streamlining of ICT service categories to align with the NSW Government Beyond Digital Strategy, enabling suppliers to align their offerings and maximise opportunities to provide services to government.
- Two supplier lists: The Registered Supplier List for low-risk contracts valued up to $150,000; and the Advanced Registered Supplier List for high-risk contracts or contracts valued over $150,000. Suppliers can apply for inclusion on one or both of these lists, depending on their capacity and capability.
- A simple Core & Contract for the low-risk and low-value category of work provides opportunities for small to medium businesses. It includes simplified terms and lower insurance requirements, reducing the cost of doing business with government.
What This Means For Educators
By streamlining the administration and tendering process, educators in NSW government schools’ benefit from the SCM0020 contract by gaining access to resources that enhance their teaching capabilities more efficiently, based on their needs as they arise. This not only improves the overall quality of education but also contributes to teachers’ job satisfaction and professional growth.
Because SCM0020 promotes efficiency, it also provides NSW government schools with a means to save money on technology investments. By prequalifying suppliers such as us at Elam, and establishing a framework for procurement, the contract streamlines the purchasing process, reducing administrative overhead and ensuring that schools get value for their investment.
The centralised nature of SCM0020 also allows bulk purchasing, negotiating better deals for schools and maximising available funds. This cost-effectiveness is crucial in ensuring that even schools with limited budgets can access state-of-the-art technology for their students and educators.
The Future of Education in NSW
As technology evolves, so will ICT’s role in education. The SCM0020 contract serves as a forward-looking initiative by the NSW government, positioning its schools at the forefront of the digital education landscape.
By fostering digital literacy, empowering educators, and ensuring cost-effective access to cutting-edge technology, the SCM0020 contract contributes to NSW government schools’ overall success.
As these schools continue to embrace the opportunities presented by the contract, they are not just preparing students for the future—they are actively shaping it.