You do not want heritage building cabling contractors who will blow out a 200 year old wall!
Heritage Building Cabling requires precise planning, design and action. Cabling is an important part of every building, but it’s not something you want to SEE. This becomes even more essential when dealing with a heritage building. Cabling should be hidden from view, or if it must be surface mounted, the pathway must be carefully designed to fit into the existing structure’s look, feel and architectural lines.
Read NSW Heritage Office guidelines on refurbishing Heritage Buildings
Elam have had the pleasure of working with every single Heritage listed building in Sydney University’s Camperdown Campus. This has given us years and years of trialing, testing, discussing and designing heritage cable pathways. We have worked side by side with Heritage Building Architects to solve difficult cabling situations. Heritage Building Cabling requires an eye for detail and an art of disguise. Be careful who you put in charge of drilling holes into your precious Heritage Building for cabling!
Recent Heritage Building Cabling Works within the last 12 months:
- The Great Hall, Sydney University – Lighting project
- The Nicholsen Museum, Sydney University
- Anderson Stuart Building, Sydney University – entire comms room, fibre backbone and horizontal cabling replacement and upgrade
- The Macleay Museum Sydney University – entire comms room, backbone and horizontal cabling replacement and upgrade
- Physics Building – Sydney University
- 50 Bridge St Department of Education – Installed all new fibre backbone
- 23 Bridge St Department of Primary Industries – running fibre, data and power cabling. Needed detailed design works to penetrate structural walls.
Many of our recent projects required not only a couple of new data outlets, but entire cabling upgrade pathways! This is a massive modification to an old building that was not built to accommodate things like “internet” and “wireless”cabling. There has been many barriers and instances where we have had to think on our feet or go back to the drawing board. Take advantage of our lessons learned and call us in to have a look at your heritage building cabling requirements. We can give you a free quotation and discuss how our expertise can help with your project.
Click here to send us some information on your heritage building project.
Upgrade to digital CCTV to keep your business safe. If you have an existing analog video system in place it may only be working as a mild deterrent for criminals.
Imagine all the ways a criminal could affect your business, then have a think about the cameras you have in place already. Do you feel safe and confident that you have eyes where you need them?
Ways an upgrade to digital CCTV system can help get evidence after a crime:
- Catch number plates to identify vehicles
- Picture clarity – Show detailed features of the persons height, weight, hair colour etc.
- Give you an exact time of the incident
- Show different angles of an area to avoid ‘blind spots’
Watch some impressive zoom clarity on a Rhino Co camera
Most companies realise that it is well worth the upfront cost to upgrade to digital CCTV. You can start small and easily add more cameras later down the track, investing only the amount you want to spend right now. This is great as no business owner should delay important security measures. If you want to discuss keeping old analog cabling, give us a call to ask about your situation, it may not be quite as straight forward.
Buying new cameras to fit into an existing coax cabling system may leave you with limitations on locations and distances of the cameras. This type of system is also difficult to add to later.
Another benefit of an upgrade to digital CCTV to keep your business safe is that you can view footage remotely from your smart phone or tablet! This is not only perfect for easily viewing who is standing at your front door with a flick of your phone, but also handy for other areas of your business.
Imagine being concerned about an important delivery, you are running late on the way back to your office, what if your delivery gets left out the front unattended?! If you have upgraded to digital CCTV cabling you will be able to check your phone and see if your parcel has been delivered.
Have a look at the Elam CCTV Page for more details on products we specialize in.
For a free quotation give us a call now on (02)9809 2999.
The world today is one that waits for no one! Everything is expected fast, and fast is what you must become to keep up.
The speed of a business’ network is in direct correlation to the productivity and efficiency of the workload completed.
Time is money and when most companies base their foundations on internet services – network is also money! All businesses should be looking at increasing network speed.
What can slow networks do to your business?
- Increase coffee breaks while employees wait for their computers to load
- Reduce the number of users that can be active at one time
- Minimise your availability of WIFI network throughout your work place
- Increase down time between users switching and opening programs – it all adds up!
What can be causing my slow network?
- Old cabling that is out of date for the software you would like to run
- Incorrect patch leads on your fibre links (yes it can be that simple to fix)
- Faults on your data cabling
- Network hardware
- Worn or damaged data patch leads squashed into your data cabinet
How can Elam help with increasing network speed?
Elam Cablers have been there and done that. If you want a fast and simple solution, give us a call to do a quick audit of your work space.
We may suggest;
- An upgrade of your data cabling
- A new fibre optic link between your data cabinets
- A test and inspection of your fibre terminations
- A data cabinet upgrade to allow space for new network equipment
- Or it could just be that your last installer put an OM1 instead of an OM3 fibre optic patch lead and all you need to do is buy a new $40 lead!
Overall it is worth investigating if your network is sucking money out of your pocket! There may be a very simple and cheap may to increase your network speed.